Cavalry Museum
cavalry history museum


The Cavalry Museum has long been located within the Cavalry School itself, in the original historic building dating from 1767.

In 1936, Baron Barbet de Vaux, a great lover of military objects, gave the school many uniforms and weapons. It is from this legacy that the collection of the future museum will be built.

The museum is now housed in the former stables of the Manège de Saumur. Elegantly sober, this 1827 building hosted the Cadre Noir until 1978.

Historic center of the Cavalry School, the museum has been open to the public since 2007.

It is accessible from Place du Chardonnet and Place Charles de Foucauld.